Engineering & Maintenance Manager
East Alabama - Onsite
Our client is a global leader in beverage alcohol with an outstanding collection of brands across spirits and beer, producing an assortment of over 200 amazing brands – that are enjoyed in more than 180 countries around the world.
- Lead group of Supervisors, Maintenance planners and engineering clerks across 24/7 operation.
- Lead planning team in the incorporation of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), performance of tasks per the Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS) and following of general housekeeping guidelines.
- Identify, lead, support and execute site engineering projects
- Become subject matter expert in maintenance and planning related topics in order to drive required change within planning organization while maximizing asset utilization and plant performance
- Support overall site and maintenance P&L initiatives and maintenance expenditures
- Support CAPEX plans, installs and commissioning
- Build machine hierarchy and BOM for new and existing equipment
- Liaison of maintenance planning group to other supported departments
- Lead standing meetings including PDR as well as MMS workstream related improve sessions
- Provide information and reporting for weekly and periodic Maintenance Planning meetings.
- Provide priority and approvals for maintenance requests processed within the planning group.
- Lead preparation of schedules, Gantt charts and management reports for shutdowns (major and minor) while communicating short to long range maintenance plans to stakeholders.
- Develop planner reference systems including a file of Planned Job Packages for recurring jobs, plus labor and material libraries for each equipment center.
- Lead maintenance of essential records and files and prepare and distributes accurate and meaningful management reports and Maintenance KPIs.
- Proactively influences Capital Expenditure projects and budgets through collaboration with local engineering teams
- Optimize process flow through engineering spares including purchasing, purchase order maintenance, receiving and material kitting
- Develop and improve processes related but not limited to;
- Optimized inventory levels and service including required cycle counts.
- Assure that planned work has parts available and kitted before work starts.
- Minimize stock-outs for emergency work and have expediting capacity.
- Assure accurate stock keeping records and appropriate controls on parts based on valuation.
- Maximize the reliability contribution of stocked parts and consumables.
- Control costs through planned inventory and elimination of obsolete stock.
- Monitor parts crib part inventory in an SAP environment including managing and tracking of critical spares, engineering spares inventory accuracy, and returns
- Lead projects to improve part crib operations
- Track maintenance work orders to supply needed parts
- Manage kitting area and stores through best practice methodology and 5S standards
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- BA/BS in Management, or Engineering, five plus years of experience in manufacturing
- Bottling experience a plus
- Proven track record of leading a team of Managers
- Knowledge of SAP, Planned Maintenance, Environmental and Quality Systems
- Strong analytical and budgeting skills
- LEAN, Six Sigma TPM, MMS, and/or Manufacturing Excellence experience
- Excellent organization skills. Ability to handle multiple priorities, prioritize effectively, and manage time.
- MMS and TRACC system experience
- Thorough working knowledge and demonstrated expertise in all areas of high speed bottling activities, including machine operations, machine changeovers, start-up, shut-down, package quality, OSHA standards, and BATF compliance.
Type: Direct Hire
Location: East Alabama
Industry: Food & Beverage Manufacturing
SUBMIT INFORMATION BELOW TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE OPPORTUNITY.